BMW Group / Red Marlin
The UK is a cornerstone of the BMW Group’s global manufacturing network. As a retained agency for the Group, we are looking for an experienced and talented internal communications manager to join the production sites’ busy communication team, taking the lead on internal communications for Plants Oxford and Swindon.
Communication – whether internally to staff or externally to the media and other key stakeholders – is central to BMW Group’s success. If you are an experienced, creative and passionate, internal communications professional, this is a fantastic opportunity to apply your skills, working for the world’s leading premium automotive manufacturer.
Role and responsibilities
In this role you will be appointed by our agency but work full time alongside BMW Group’s internal and external communications team to develop and lead on internal plant communications.
- Develop, steer, influence and implement an integrated internal communications plan for Plants Oxford and Swindon.
- Identify future potentially adverse corporate topics, prepare communications strategy and implement internal communications to protect company reputation and minimise negative impact.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate internal stakeholders to build and maintain the profile of Plants Oxford and Swindon and BMW Group in the UK.
- Develop and cascade all management and associate communications in Plants Oxford and Swindon, ensuring consistent understanding of key messages in order to assist the delivery of business objectives.
- Develop appropriate internal communication channels for the various plant audiences.
- Manage and update intranet content for all Production Triangle intranet sites. Lead intranet circle and manage changes and technology updates to editorial client. Ensure current and up to date information and conformity to CI guidelines.
- Plan and manage all internal communication expenditure to ensure effective, accurate financial planning.
- Manage and effectively delegate tasks to junior team members.
- Based at MINI Plant Oxford, this role will include travel to support other BMW Group sites in the UK, especially to Swindon and Hams Hall (North Warwickshire).
- To be considered for this role you’ll need to be educated to degree level with a minimum of 4 years’ internal communications experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment).
- You will be creative with the ability to produce and develop ideas to present messages and stories in an engaging and motivating manner.
- You will have excellent, professional-level journalistic writing skills.
- Digitally savvy, you will have proven digital media skills.
- You must be an outstanding communicator, in both written and spoken form.
- You will be highly organised with a high attention to detail and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to understand and communicate complex production and business topics convincingly and simply is important.
- You will be a positive team player but also self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative and work independently.
- Experience of managing a team is preferable.
- German language skills are not essential but would be an advantage.
- A valid driving licence is essential and the ability to travel to other locations in the UK.
As a valued and important member of the team, you’ll receive a competitive salary and other fantastic benefits including:
- 31 days holiday (inc. public holidays) rising with long service
- 1 extra day’s holiday for your Birthday so you can celebrate it in style
- Death in service benefit to give your loved one’s peace of mind
- Regular company socials
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Negotiable car allowance at the discretion of Red Marlin
Based at MINI Plant Oxford with travel to other locations to support as required.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.