Website Volta Trucks
Working to the Chief Communications Officer, as part of the Marketing and Communications team, Volta Trucks is seeking an ambitious Public Relations Manager to develop and maintain the awareness and credibility of Volta Trucks within target media audiences. As a relatively new brand, this is an opportunity to be part of the team that shapes and establishes the company from the outset.
In coordination with global and local teams, this role will deliver industry-leading PR and media campaigns to showcase the company’s products and services to build corporate confidence in target customer audiences. In addition, the role will develop strong and trustworthy relationships between Volta Trucks and leading online / offline influencers on a global and local level, the latter supported by in-market Marketing and Communications Managers.
Due to the innovative positioning of Volta Trucks, this role doesn’t necessarily require previous automotive experience but existing relationships within the corporate, business or commercial vehicle trade media would be an advantage, as would B2B experience and a non-traditional start-up type approach. This will help to deliver press and media communication in a transparent, progressive, and entrepreneurial manner to reflect the fast paced brand personality.
This is a full-time role, with some travel in the UK and internationally. It is a mix of remote working and being office-based from the company’s UK office near Reading, west of London. This role is perfect for a proactive, independent, roll-up-the-sleeves and results-driven individual who has a great approach to teamwork and collaboration.
- Design, develop and implement the Volta Trucks PR and Media strategy, as a component of the wider Marketing and Communication strategy, to deliver on the company’s objectives.
- Develop trusting relationships between Volta Trucks and Tier 1 / 2 corporate / business / trade media and support the in-market Marketing and Communications Managers with local media relationships. Act as a company spokesperson to media, ensuring consistent messaging and application of the brand.
- Through trusting relationships, operate an always-on media outreach and sell-in approach to maximise media coverage, and promoting awareness, credibility and confidence in the Volta Trucks journey, product, services, Executive interviews etc.
- Write and create all press releases, Q+As, etc and act as a copywriting resource to the Marketing and Communications team, maintaining a consistent tone of voice.
- Alongside Marketing colleagues, brief in and support PR-related content production, developing a positive perception of the product, brand, and services.
- Alongside Events colleagues, brief in and support PR-related event and media test drive activity.
- Undertake media training with senior Executives, and ensure that they are briefed and prepared for interview opportunities.
- Manage all media-facing distribution and monitoring / evaluation and KPI reporting.
- Manage budgets within pre-defined limits
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or similar, preferably in Marketing, PR or Communications
- At least five years PR experience, some of which will have been delivered in a B2B environment.
- Automotive experience not essential – the candidate could also come from a technology, commercial, sustainability or corporate / business background but will need existing relationships with some relevant media audiences.
- Experience working with and managing third-party agencies etc.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- A digital and Social Media mindset, with a working knowledge of tools.
- Strong oral, editing and written skills in the English language. A second language would be desirable.
- Experience of networking with colleagues, senior management, agencies, and external influencers
To apply for this job please visit volta-trucks.breezy.hr.