Motor Industry Communicators Association (MICA)
The Motor Industry Communicators Association (MICA) provides sector-specific training, mentoring, networking and events that will help to accelerate your career, increase your industry knowledge and introduce you to new friends and colleagues. Working closely with a wide range of automotive and mobility industry experts, MICA is unique in its ability to bring together fascinating insights from leading specialists.
MICA tailors training and networking for communicators in every sector of our industry, from passenger cars and technology suppliers, CV and Off-Highway to those specialising in infrastructure, aftermarket, retail and other sectors that together make our industry one of the most exciting and fast-changing places to develop a career. Whether you are an established senior communicator or a new entrant, a student or considering a transition from another career, MICA is here to help you succeed.
MICA works closely with both The Guild of Motoring Writers and the PRCA, the world’s largest association of PR professionals. When you become a MICA member, you will receive discounts on the PRCA’s range of professional training courses and qualifications well as access to their outstanding range of free-to-members online courses.
We are now finalising venues and dates for this year’s MICA events calendar. We are looking forward to:
- Webinar on the principles of using AI for communications (April)
- EVs from cradle to grave – Develop a broader understanding of the entire EV ecosystem beyond your brand’s role. Use this insight for more informed communications, to help manage the current noise and disinformation and rise above the tribal nature of debate (May-June)
- Communications in 2035 – preparing for the changing landscape ahead. Builds on last November’s successful PR Essentials course to guide on navigating the next 10 years in automotive comms (November)
NETWORKING & SOCIALS
- MICA supports its charity partner WOMAC (April 17 in London)
- MICA presence at autumn Scramble (October at Bicester Heritage)
- MICA Young PR Professional Award at the Guild of Motoring Awards and members’ drinks (December at the RAC Club)
Let us know which events you are interested in on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Motor Industry Communicators Association has a new chairperson, with Ford Public Affairs’ Oliver Rowe taking over from colleague Poppy McKenzie Smith. The handover marks two years since MICA’s summer launch in 2021. The first brands signing up to MICA – Ford, VW...
MICA launched its mentor scheme to help develop auto communicators by linking them with experienced senior association members. The programme was piloted with MICA-sponsored 2022 Young PR Professional of the Year award winner Elizabeth Waddup, presented with her prize...
The Motor Industry Communicators Association’s online presence has been updated, as part of MICA’s partnership with BlackWebs (www.blackwebs.co.uk), a one-stop provider of website design. The association’s new look at mica.org.uk will be launched to members and...
MICA leaders were recently invited to update the PRCA, the world’s largest association of PR professionals, on the latest automotive developments and trends. Committee members from McLaren, Fiat Group and Ford were interviewed, drawing on over 90 years’ combined...